Joanna has an 18 year career in Management Consulting, gained with Accenture and KPMG, where she was a Partner and UK Global Business Services practice leader. She has worked with some of the world’s largest organisations – across consumer products, media, professional services and telecommunications in the FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 – to transform and optimise their operating models and back-office functions on a global scale.
She is passionate about creating sustainable change for the long term, which means focusing on how to deliver transformation through cultural change as well as solution implementation. Having led a major internal transformation initiative for KPMG – as well as many external client engagements – she has a strong understanding and empathy as to what it really takes to make change happen.
Example engagements have included:
- Leading the 12-month strategy, design and implementation of a new multi-function business services operating unit for KPMG in the UK, impacting 3,000 people and delivering significant profit improvement.
- Delivering, as the internal programme director, a full-scale and complex transformation programme for KPMG in the UK to implement a new operating model for better market alignment. This impacted 15,000 people and was delivered in nine months.
- Leading the advisory support over three years to a multinational beverages company to design and implement their global business services operations. The objective was to provide better, more consistent and more cost-effective support to the market-facing sales teams. The programme impacted operations in US, Colombia, South Africa, Australia and Europe across Finance, Procurement and HR functions.
- Leading the advisory support to a global media giant for an 18-month global finance business process outsourcing programme, with work split between London, New York and India. The programme required significant change management at the senior levels to establish a more collaborative way of working across all the agencies.
- Providing strategic client-side advisory to the Head of GBS and Finance Director during the set up of a new back office organisation to serve three government departments. Priorities included creating a new integrated organisation and culture with a focus on customer service.